This status is granted to those who wish to reside temporarily in Canada either for vacation, visiting a family member who resides in Canada, or for business matter. Depending on the country of origin a visa is required to enter Canada, thus it is necessary to make the application on time and meet the requirements of the Government of Canada before the planned date of travel.
A Temporary Resident Visitor visa will allow you to legally enter Canada to visit family and friends or to conduct certain limited business activities as a business visitor.
However, there are Foreign nationals who are citizens of certain countries that do not require a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada. These citizens will require an Electronic Travel Authorization before entering Canada. Foreign nationals of all other countries must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa prior to entering Canada. The list of countries that require a visa to enter Canada can be found on the Immigration Canada website of the corresponding country. Though, under the advice given by Angelica Gonzalez-Blanco legal offices, each case is carefully analyzed and all information and procedures are communicated to clients so that no delays or surprises come up during the process.
The requirements for a TRV visitor are:
1. Have proof of returning at the end of the permit;
2. Have proof to have the necessary amount of funds for the expenses during their stay in Canada;
3. Not having a criminal record;
4. Being able to provide all the necessary documents required by the office of the Government of Canada where the application is going to be submitted;
5. Being in good health;
6. Have all the forms correctly and properly filled-out, providing all the information requested in them.
The temporary visitor visa does not allow the applicant or any of the people traveling to work* or study during the time spent in Canada. Processing times for this visa vary depending on the country where the service is requested. The Government of Canada is the one who determines the processing time.
***A Temporary Resident Visa does not permit a foreign national to work while in Canada.


Parents and Grandparents Super Visa is a special visa issued to the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It allows extended stays in Canada and multiple entries into Canada for up to 2 years to help parents and grandparents stay connected with their Canadian families.  Admissibility criteria, including medical admissibility, income requirements for the hosts, and private insurance requirements apply.
Please contact us for additional information regarding a Super Visa.


Starting on ​November 10th, 2016, all foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries travelling to Canada by air must first obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). This ETA is valid for up to 5 years or up to the expiry date of your passport if its less than 5 years from the date of the application. American citizens are exempt from the ETA program, but U.S. Green Card holders are not.

If You Want to Schedule an Appointment

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada.

Choose your Lenguaje