This status is granted to those who wish to reside temporarily in Canada either for vacation, visiting a family member who resides in Canada or business matter. Depending on the country of origin, a visa is required to enter Canada, so it is necessary to make the application on time and meet the requirements of the Government of Canada before the planned date of travel.
The list of countries that require a visa to enter Canada can be found on the Immigration Canada page of the corresponding country. However, in the advice given by Angelica Gonzalez-Blanco, each case is carefully analyzed and all information and procedures are communicated to clients so that no delays or surprises come up during the process.
The requirements for a temporary visitor visa are:
- Demonstrate that the applicant and all persons traveling with the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the visit
- Demonstrate that the applicant has sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses and those of the people traveling with him during his stay in Canada
- Show that none of the people who plan to travel have criminal records
- Provide all the documents required by the immigration office of the Government of Canada where the application will be filed
- Demonstrate that the applicant and all persons traveling are in good health
- Fill out the appropriate forms and pay the immigration visa fees according to the number of people who are traveling.
- The temporary visitor visa does not allow the applicant or any of the people traveling to work or study during the time spent in Canada. Processing times for this visa vary according to the country where the service is requested and the Government of Canada are the ones who determine the wait time.